Our current donation needs (November 2023) are as follows:
- Tinned food / pasta / rice / breakfast cereals / biscuits
- UHT milk / sugar / squash / tea bags / instant coffee / instant hot chocolate
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Toiletry gift sets
- Brand new socks for female adults
- Brand new underwear for female adults (sizes 8 – 16)
- Brand new matching bedding sets – single fitted sheet, single duvet cover and one pillowcase OR double fitted sheet, double duvet cover and two pillowcases
- Brand new mattress protectors – single or double
- Brand new pillowcase protectors
- Hair products for natural/textured hair
- Video doorbells – these are excellent for women in terms of safety and gathering evidence, but often unaffordable for many women
- DASH cameras – these are really good in terms of capturing abusers’ stalking/harassing behaviours and for evidence gathering, but are often unaffordable for many women
Wycombe Women’s Aid is a registered charity working in the Wycombe, South Bucks and Chiltern Districts of Buckinghamshire. We work with women and children who are experiencing or trying to escape domestic violence and who are dealing with its effects and consequences.
If you need help NOW, please telephone the Bucks Domestic Abuse Service on 01296 437777. This is a 24/7 helpline. The website for the Bucks Domestic Abuse Service is https://bucksdaservices.co.uk/. The National Domestic Violence Helpline offers a 24 hour support and information service on 0808 2000 247. In an emergency telephone the Police – 999.
Women supporting Women against domestic violence
Wycombe Women’s Aid works from a feminist perspective and is committed to the principles of self-help and mutual support. We support women to make their own choices and decisions about how they want to live their lives.
We offer access to safe, temporary accommodation, support, information and advice. All women, with or without children, are welcome to use our services.
This website has been designed to help you to find what you are looking for quickly. There are many resources available, provided both by Wycombe Women’s Aid and external agencies.
You can start by looking at the items below which will direct you to specific pages and content in the site.
The Flexible Fund
Bucks Domestic Abuse Services have created a Flexible Fund to support people experiencing domestic abuse who reside in Buckinghamshire. The purpose of the fund is to support survivors to achieve or maintain safe and secure housing.
For further information about the Flexible Fund, including eligibility criteria, please see the Flexible Fund Information Sheet
If you would like to make an application, please download the application form here
If you need assistance, please contact Wycombe Women’s Aid’s refuge helpline on 01494 461367
Completed application forms can be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like specialist support?
Wycombe Women’s Aid supports lesbian, bi-sexual and trans people who have experienced domestic violence. If you would like specialist support for hate crime, sexual violence or domestic violence from an LGBT+ charity, you may like to contact the National LGBT Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0800 999 5428, or email email@example.com, or go directly to their website. For anything else please contact us.