We have compiled various resources (below) which we hope will be of use to you, whether you are somebody experiencing domestic violence, a friend or family member of somebody experiencing domestic violence, or a professional working in another organisation.
There is a huge amount of information on the WAFE (Women’s Aid Federation England) website. Clicking on this link will take you to their website.
- Information for women on staying safe
- How to support a friend or family member who is experiencing domestic violence
- How to support children and young people who are experiencing domestic violence
- Non-molestation and occupation orders
- Internet and mobile safety – clicking on this link will take you to a very useful document published by Bracknell Forest Council which covers in detail various aspects of internet and mobile safety relevant to women experiencing domestic violence.
Clare’s Law is the domestic abuse disclosure scheme. If you are concerned that someone you know may be in a relationship and is at risk of domestic violence please click on the link below to access an information leaflet.
The legislation around Legal Aid is complex. For the most up to date information about entitlement, it is best to access the Rights of Women website:
or the Government Legal Aid calculator:
July 2015 – one aspect of the domestic violence evidence criteria for family law legal aid, which until now has meant that legal aid which had been granted came to an end when the evidence became more than two years old, has now changed. For full information, please click on this link to access the update bulletin from Rights of Women.
Other legal matters
One of the most useful websites for legal information is the Rights of Women website. Their legal guides and handbooks provide vital legal information to help women through the law. Their website can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Rights of Women also operate telephone advice lines which provide vital free and confidential legal advice to women. For full information about the different advice lines and their opening times, please click on this link.
Wycombe Women's Aid P.O. Box 1477 High Wycombe Bucks HP11 9HP Registered Charity No. 299946 Registered Company No. 2245478 ©2016 Wycombe Women's Aid
Refuge: 01494 461367 Outreach: 07890 456907 IDVA: 07483 159153
Asian Women's Helpline: TBC